IOTPD Philippe Braunschweig Grant
Due to the very nature of the profession many dancers have international careers. Because of their scattered careers these dancers may not meet the eligibility criteria of any one country in order to receive a retraining grant through one of the established transitions centres.
As a tribute to its founder the IOTPD has created the annual IOTPD Philippe Braunschweig Grant for retraining.
This grant is meant for professional dancers who have had an international career and who don't qualify for support from any one of the countries where they have danced.
2016 IOTPD Philippe Braunschweig Grant recipient:
The International Organization for the Transition of Professional Dancers (IOTPD) is pleased to announce that the 2016 IOTPD Philippe Braunschweig Grant has been awarded to three dancers: Naiara Mendioroz (the Netherlands), Mark Biocca (Hungary) and Tom de Jager (Belgium.
The annual competitive grant is awarded to a dancer, at or near the end of their performance career, who has had an international career and does not qualify for transition support from any one of the countries where they have danced. The grant, sponsored by the IOTPD to honour its Founding President, Philippe Braunschweig, is to help defray the costs associated with retraining for a second career.
Up to € 3000 will be available each year. This amount may be awarded in whole or in part depending on the need.
The dancer must:
• Not qualify for transition/retraining support from any one of the countries where he/she has danced
• Have performed as a dancer at some point within the 24 month period preceding the IOTPD Philippe Braunschweig Grant deadline for which he/she is applying
• Have been a professional dancer for a minimum of 10 years
• Have danced a minimum of 60 months during the 10 year minimum time period
• Have had a professional dance contract (i.e. not simply touring from another country) in at least 1 of the IOTPD member countries listed below:
Canada: Dancer Transition Resource Centre (DTRC) www.dtrc.ca
France: Centre National de la Danse (CND) www.cnd.fr
Germany: STIFTUNG TANZ - Transition Zentrum Deutschland www.stiftung-tanz.com
Korea: Dancer's Career Development Centre (DCDC) www.dcdcenter.or.kr
Switzerland: Association pour la Reconversion des Danseurs Professionnels (RDP)
The Netherlands: Stichting Omscholingsregeling Dansers (SOD) www.omscholingdansers.nl
United Kingdom: Dancers' Career Development (DCD) www.thedcd.org.uk
USA: Career Transition For Dancers (CTFD) www.careertransition.org
The application deadline is April 30, 2017. Applicants will be informed of IOTPD's decision by June 30th.